1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey, I am testing a js monero mining system to see if its possible to replace the ads with it. More info here https://gameofscanlation.moe/threads/testing-out-the-coin-hive-system.2639/. Please let me know if you experience any problems!
    Dismiss Notice

Current Situation

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Maester Aemon, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Maester Aemon

Maester Aemon onahole
    Staff Member Supreme Crow Administrator

Hello,

I feel like I need to write about the current situation as there have been quite a few that either completley do not know or just do not understand. A few months ago Sam got sick and I started getting more busy with school which led to very few releases. Sam was sick for quite a while and when he had recovered he ended up having to spend more time working and therefore no longer had time to translate. A few weeks later he ended up hurting his hand in an accident at work and had to take a leave for a while. The chance for him being able to return to GoS and translate any time soon is almost 0 (need to have some hope :D). A few months ago I got in contact with our current paid translator and have been commissioning ever since both with my personal money and with the money that has been donated for this purpose by many different readers (thank you all). Scanlation has been my hobby ever since I started in 2015 with Skill of Lure and I had not actively paid for translation (we used to commission a translator for certain series only) like now. I have to say that it really did not feel like scanlation as it used to and since it was hard for us to release frequently I kept feeling like I should just close the website and be done with it but thanks to the patrons and those who donated even though we were barely releasing anything, I kept trying my best to keep GoS alive.

I am currently starting to get used to the current situation and will continue doing my best to be able to release as much as I can. Our biggest limitation is currently translation as I'm able to edit multiple chapters a day alone. Since I have to pay for the translation I can't really release too much other than a few chapters over what has been donated for. Since we are in a situation like this I have now decided to promote our patreon page that I will try to use for our main general cost and translation costs and will keep our on-site donation for more specific things like donations for certain series if we have something going on etc.

If you would like to support us monetarily so that I am able to pay for more translation to release more chapters then please become a patreon here https://www.patreon.com/gos. If you possibly know Korean & English or know anyone that is willing to dedicate time to translating whether its commissioned or not, please send an email to [email protected] to let me know.

I hope this gives a bit more insight and understanding of our current situation. Thank you everyone that has donated and everyone that just visits us or reads on our website. I hope to be able to continue provide all of these great series in English!

Eprizym and OrangeBread like this.
  2. ThatBoiRightThere

ThatBoiRightThere Baby Crow

Dude just finish Unbalance Triangle bro please.
    I'll be sending money!!!

Attached Files:

SpeedMaster and Eprizym like this.
  3. SpeedMaster

SpeedMaster Baby Crow

Yea Unbalance is a big deal. For me at least. Huyla too. Is it possible to specify while donating?

4. Maester Aemon

Maester Aemon onahole
    Staff Member Supreme Crow Administrator

Yes, that is possible.