1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I've been very busy this month, I'll be less busy next month so there'll be more releases of most of the series that we have at least releaesd 1 chapter for after August this year.
    Dismiss Notice

How would you like the reward system for mining to be?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Maester Aemon, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Maester Aemon

Maester Aemon onahole
    Staff Member Supreme Crow Administrator

So far the hashes have avereged out to around 1.5-2k a day which could be used for around 5+ chapters a month. I was thinking of making a miners' weekly special release (like the patreon one) where you are able to vote for the series you want to be released using points that you have received through mining and the sysem will rng based on the votes. Though it was also suggested to make it so the more miner = more releases which is possible however it would be very hard for each users to be able to afford a chapter themselves with points since its not a lot mined per user but it accumulates together. Maybe a compromise between both, the more mined the more miners' special release & one is able to vote with their points?

Don't expect this to be out any soon lol cuz I suck at coding ;_;

lethxwar likes this.
  2. Croix

Croix Baby Crow

More releases, YEY!
    And could i suggest an extra page for dedicated mining. The new API coin-hive provided should provide an easier UI for it

3. Maester Aemon

Maester Aemon onahole

The latter is already planned with toplist etc :)

4. SadoDaimyo

SadoDaimyo Baby Crow

I think there are two kinds of miners, those who mine incidentally while interacting with the website, and those who mine all day long. Obviously thousands of people mining incidentally will contribute more than a few dedicated miners, but I still think you want to find ways to incentivize readers to leave a tab open with the miner running even when not interacting with the website.

To reward incidental miners I'd create a system where x number of hashes = 1 vote. Not sure how many hashes that would be, and it could be tweaked over time, but maybe something like 5 hours of the average user's hash rate = 1 vote. In other words, if you spend 5 hours per week on the site (and running the miner), you'll earn 1 vote per week.

In that scenario, a dedicated miner could easily earn 50 votes per week, which could in turn imbalance the system where 10 dedicated miners have as many votes as 400 users. So maybe you cap voting to a certain number of votes per user, and for the sake of the argument let's say that's 5.

So now you have incidental miners earning a few votes each week, and using up all of their votes, and a group of dedicated miners who are accumulating more votes than they can use.

To continue to incentivize the dedicated miners you add reward levels where votes can be traded in for sponsored releases. Maybe 2000 votes = 1 sponsored chapter. A dedicated miner running on an average computer could earn a sponsored chapter ~every other month, but if they had a better mining rig, or were running on multiple computers, they could reach 2000 votes faster.

If you do that hopefully you'll get people to start running the miner on the background on all of their computers, maybe on their computers at school or at work. If you could get a few hundred people doing that you'd probably get 3-4x more hashes than you are now.

5. wuman

wuman Baby Crow

Ah, this reminds me of a system from a (H)-site that I visit frequently. They use a Peer-2-Peer gallery distribution system called "[email protected]" which reduces the load on the galleries and people gain points called "Hath". They can exchange "Hath" for perks to help them read more comfortably or use it in a browser-based game they created.

I'll be taking some ideas from there and mixing it up for possible use here.

Give the points a name. Call it gospt (GOS points) lol.
    Lottery System, use your gospt for a chance of what the next few releases can be.
    People can deposit their points into specific releases they want out sooner.
    Hoard a massive amount of points for something guarantee, like a full chapter release or something.
    Increase avatar size/signature limit.
    Rewards per monthly/quarterly/yearly for being on toplist(s).

Some ideas that the (H)-site used that can't be used here.
    Remove ads (There are no more ads here)
    Single-page multi-viewer (All releases are on a single page already)

#5 wuman, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  6. Soni

Soni Baby Crow

Well being able to start the miner would be a good start for me :3

7. Doodleman

Doodleman Baby Crow

It seems that my firewall/antivirus detects the miner in Chrome's cache and automatically blocks and deletes it as a Trojan whenever I visit or change pages on this website. Since a new cache file is created every time, I don't think it's possible to actually contribute without disabling my firewall/antivirus altogether during my visit. I just wanted to post this to inform you, not necessarily because I'm someone who seeks to contribute.

Edit: Sorry if this is slightly off-topic.

8. SpeedMaster

SpeedMaster Baby Crow

More releases. But introduction of voting system for miners sounds interesting

9. Maester Aemon

Maester Aemon onahole

Thanks for the input. I know that it triggers a false positive in many AVs which has caused some to believe that its malware or something alike. It simply run calculation tasks through javascript with the same access as any other javascript which is all over the internet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll post an update when there's some progress to this :)

10. Croix

Croix Baby Crow

I think AV detects it as a malware because there was a time when websites got hacked and this specific JS was injected to the websites and mined monero for the hackers

11. Maester Aemon

Maester Aemon onahole

Oh yea that is possible, I wouldn't say its a smart way to mark things as malware though. Hackers can also put their own adsense etc but that wouldn't be recognized as malware.

12. bitwolf

bitwolf Baby Crow

is this like idle rpg?

13. Maester Aemon

Maester Aemon onahole

What exactly do you mean?